Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Details from my Wedding

First off is of course, my hair and my maid-of-honor's (sister Katie) hair. I was completely in love with my hair...even though it took me 3 shampoo's in one shower, then 2 shampoo's in the second shower to get all the hairspray out!
Katie didn't know what she wanted her hair to look like until just about 2 or so days before the wedding.  She doesn't like the whole bun thing...but liked the messy curly falling bun with French braids going into it thing.


~~~~~~

Second is the shoes! I wore crochet cream Toms...same as all my bridesmaids!  I didn't care for the whole, "I Do" on the bottom of the shoe.  I played around with a lot of different things to write on the bottom and this was the best thing I thought of...which I completely loved! 


~~~~~~

Third, the main thing I wore...my dress!

~~~~~~

Our wedding bands in the first two photos, then my engagement ring and his wedding band in the last photo.  I chose my wedding band, which matches the engagement ring.  
Sad thing is that his wedding band that was hand made by an amazing person on etsy.com has made Nick break out.  He is allergic :(  So we will buy him a cheap one(probably this cool batman one he wanted on etsy.com) then when we can pay for a really expensive one we will do that. 


~~~~~~

My garter was made by my mom.  My sister Katie chose the yellow ribbon thing.  It was part of the Disney Princess collection, specifically Bell (which was part of our cake topper and our first dance song, "Beauty and the Beast")  The ring was my great grandma's...my something old.  It was sewn on with blue thread (one of my something blue's)
The chocolate wrapper was designed by my Uncle...I love it!  They were sat at each person's place setting for their favor.


~~~~~~

The AMAZING cake!!  Rossmoor Bakery made this masterpiece using their California Sunset cake.  White cake with a lemon and raspberry filling..so good and such a perfect complement for a warm summer wedding.


~~~~~~

I got this inspiration from pinterest.com...even the saying.  I made it about 2 days before the wedding...oh yes I did wait till the last minute.

~~~~~~

My two nephews were ring bearers...one was 6 and the other 1.  The 1 year old couldn't walk so the 6 year old pushed him in this.  It was the cutest this ever!

~~~~~~

The flowers.  My bouquet and the bridesmaids.  Then the bottom photo is of our centerpieces.  The photo doesn't show it well but they were in 3 different sized mason jars with lemon slices inside.   
Side note...this was such a fun idea with me in the back seat taking a photo from the trunk...with the bouquets to top it off!


~~~~~~

Not really a detail..but a fun photo of me hanging in the back seat on my way.



Thanks for looking at the details.  Soon I will add the family photos...