Saturday, July 28, 2012

Big Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

After our hamburger dinner -which was delicious thanks to the husband- I decided to make some cookies!  I took photos because I know everyone likes to see what they will look like. So here is the recipe, tweak it if you like, but I wouldn't as they came out perfect!

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or which ever kind you like - I prefer dark)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.


Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla and egg until light and creamy.

Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.

Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.

Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup (Yes that big! I actually used my new Martha Stewart measuring cup to scoop and drop the dough) at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets.(And of course I used my brand new Martha Stewart cookie sheet) Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

 Bake for 17-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.

Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.




This recipe made me 14 large cookies that smelt and tasted like the best cookies ever! I think I will be keeping this as my Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It also didn't take me more than an hour to prepare and bake, woohoo!

Thank you to Grandma who bought Nick and I our fantastic Kitchen Aid Stand Up Mixer, first time using it and it made something delicious!!

I now bid you all a good night...