Friday, July 27, 2012

Married

    It has been 19 days since I got married to Nicholas Alton Hust Jr. and it doesn't feel different than dating.  We had been going out for 5 years and known each other for 6 1/2. I think we know each other so well, did all things with each other before marriage, that nothing really feels much different.  The things that are different are that; I have to clean (not too different from home), my mom doesn't make me dinner (I know how to cook, but Nick makes food for me anyway), I'm not sleeping alone (my little sister did sleep with me sometimes and so did my dog, so not too different) and we rely on each other for money instead of parents (he's already got that down, I mostly did).  So life isn't too different for me, which is good because I'm not good with change, but bad because a little more change would be more exciting. Crazy? I know!
    The thing that I did really struggle with was leaving home. I'm only 20 miles away, but I don't live with my family anymore, I don't see them everyday, I don't get to come home and veg out watching TV with my sister.  I was doing fine after the wedding -for about a day- until it all hit me and then came all the break downs. I felt bad for Nick when I would come in the room crying and saying I want to go home, especially when I did it on our honeymoon.  But that is me.  One of the times when on our honeymoon and crying on his shoulder I apologized for doing it and he said to me, "Well it is who you are and I did know you weren't going to change".  So true!
    So life, its different, its the same, its starting to get a little dull and I need something new to do with my time, so here I am...spilling my heart to anyone and everyone one day at a time.